3 NIGHTS / 4 DAYS
A four day Bird Watching Adventure in the Rainforest and Coastal Mangrove areas of Belize
Situated in 7000 acre Mayflower Bocawina National Park and adjacent to the world famous Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Reserve, your location is superb for adventure. This four day trip is ideal for those wanting to experience the essence of this untouched, tropical rainforest while vacationing in Belize.
- Explore the rainforest habitat and get close to its wildlife in this four day adventure.
- Stay in our eco-resort in the heart of the jungle – wake up to the sounds of the rainforest, with first light emerging through the mists
- Explore unexcavated Mayan ruins, swim in beautiful and refreshing waterfalls and enjoy delicious local and international cuisine at our restaurant.
- Get to know the different species of birds found in Belize’s rainforest, mangrove and savannah habitats.
- Toucans, scarlet macaws, hummingbirds, trogons, motmots, orioles, kingfishers, raptors, flycatchers, tanagers, parrots and many others can often be spotted on this bird watching adventure!
Day 1Travel from Dangriga Municipal Airport to our eco-resort inside the Mayflower Bocawina National Park. After settling into your room you can expect to see a lot of bird activity as you go on a guided sunset bird watching tour around the property grounds.
Day 2Experience early morning in the rainforest, and the cacophony of sounds in the waking wilderness. After breakfast, you can go on a half or full day bird watching tour on the property grounds and park trails. You’ll also have the chance to explore the unexcavated Mayflower Mayan Ruins or swim in the beautiful waterfalls of the park! This evening, you may want to sign up for the optional nocturnal hike.
Day 3Visit the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Reserve - the world's first jaguar reserve known for its spectacular waterfalls, mountain views, nature trails and rich diversity of neotropical birds - the perfect place for a bird watching adventure! It is also home to other endangered animals including ocelot, margay, baird's tapir, and scarlet macaw. After Cockscomb we will drive you to Sitte River where you’ll go on a boat tour up and down the river. Large marine and freshwater crocodiles inhabit the banks and waters of the river and sightings are very common. Iguanas can be seen sunbathing on the branches of trees hanging over the river. Bird watchers will be thrilled by the variety of airborne wildlife like flycatchers, egrets, kingfisher, toucans, parrots and herons. After the tour you will have a traditional lunch at a beachside café in the small fishing village of Hopkins and have time to explore the village.
Day 4Time at leisure. Relax at the lodge or explore one of the local trails. Return to Dangriga by van either before or after lunch.
Price based on double occupancy:
$790 per person
- $790 (Mayan Rooms)
- $880 (Thatched Cabanas)
- $940 (Deluxe Suites)
Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
When: Anytime of year
Group Size: minimum 2 (Contact us for pricing for solo travelers or families
Guides: 1-2 Leaders
Accommodations: Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures
Activities: Bird watching, photography, Mayan ruins exploration, waterfall swimming, hiking, trail walks, natural history interpretation, river tour, off-site cultural/birding/wildlife tour